Risk Reduction Policy 2020
March 23rd, 2020
Our business holds your health and safety as our highest priority under any and all circumstances. As a reflection of this commitment and our inability to meet the social distance requirements recommended by the government, we have made the difficult decision to close. We will begin our tours again once these requirements are relaxed and the threat from covid-19 is minimised.
March 16th, 2020
Please see below our commitment to reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission on our tour vessel. This policy will be updated on a regular basis.
Coronavirus Risk Reduction Policy 16/03/2020
Maintain standard business sanitary procedures to ensure:
- Hand wash is provided on the boat.
- Paper towel dispenser is provided on the boat.
- Hand wipes are provided in the toilet.
- Alcohol gel sanitiser is provided at the lunch table.
- Gloves are worn during all food and drink handling.
- Food preparation is held to the highest standards.
- Equipment is washed and cleaned daily.
- Vessel is washed and cleaned daily.
- Shop furniture and fittings are cleaned daily.
- Bus is washed and cleaned daily.
Additional measures to reduce infection risk:
- Vessel interior is sanitised with alcohol spray before each tour.
- Toilet fittings are sanitised with alcohol spray before each tour.
- Sink, soap and paper towel dispensers are sanitised with alcohol spray before each tour.
- Additional alcohol gel sanitiser is provided if possible.
- Shop furniture and fittings will be sanitised with alcohol spray before opening each day.
- Bus is sanitised with alcohol spray at the completion of each day.
- Total number of tour passengers to be reduced from 25 to 18 passengers.
- Passengers will be informed of this policy before the tour departure.
- Passengers will be encouraged to self assess their health and not join the tour if they believe that they are feeling unwell for any reason and should not participate in the tour. The refund policy will be waived for passengers cancelling at any time.
- If customers present to the tour on the day with any signs of cold, coughs or flu like symptoms, they will be politely refused entry onto the boat or bus.
- The minimum group numbers to confirm a tour will be increased to eight adults.
- All employees will be aware not to participate in work if they are feeling unwell for any reason.
- Employees will be trained to adopt this policy and adhere to this policy to the highest standard.
Mike Davis (Owner/Manager) & Team East Coast Cruises
© Copyright East Coast Cruises